100 Mile AG WABP 15:53:11
100 Mile AG AR 15:53:11
200 KM AG AR 20:10:19
24 Hour AG AR 147.676
- Big Island Marathon International 1st overall female 3:14:54 3/20/11
- B & A Trail Marathon 1st overall female 3:16:33 (after pacing the 3:50 group at Snickers Marathon the day before) 3/6/11
- Lost Dutchman Marathon 1st overall female 2/20/11 3:07:22 (current PR)
- Riverfront Race Festival Charleston Marathon 2nd overall female 3:09:01 1/15/11
- Hangover 10 miler 1/1/11 3rd overall female 67:24
- Baton Rouge Marathon 1st overall female 3:14:17 12/4/10
- Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon 1st overall female 3:21:21 11/21/10
- Tupelo Marathon 3rd overall female 3:21:12 9/5/10
- Flatlanders Marathon 1st overall female & 2 course records (50K & marathon after running Grandfather Mountain Marathon the day before) 7/11/10
- Texas Marathon 3rd overall female 3:27 1/1/10
Favorite distance: marathon at the moment :)
Favorite running foods: apple cinnamon Carb-Boom gels & huckleberry Hammer gels, chocolate milk and hamburgers post race
Favorite Workout: any run with friends
Upcoming events: I have 24 marathons scheduled this year in various states, as well as some shorter events locally.
What I love about running skirts: They are so incredibly comfortable...almost like running with nothing on :) There's no chaffing. The pockets carry 4 gels for my marathons with no trouble at all, enabling me to run without a belt around my waist which can chaff or bother my stomach.
Background: I ran in High School and College, but wasn't a great runner. After I graduated, I got married, had kids, and got really heavy...I weighed 213 pounds. I decided to get back into running to lose weight in 2003. I had a life goal of running a marathon some day. I ran my first marathon in 2004. At 39, I am now running better than ever and having a blast. I don't race all the marathons I run. Some, I pace for marathonpacing.com. Some, I run and take my camera (like Disney), and some I just run for a "long run with a medal :)" I know I can't race them all!
Goals: Until 2010, my goal was to break 3:30, which I wasn't sure that I could do. Now, my goals are to run a marathon in all 50 states under 4 hours each, to run a sub-3:00 marathon, and complete a 100 miler. I'd like to finish my 50 states before I turn 41.
Tips for others: BELIEVE...say you can! Once, it is in your head that you can accomplish your goal, you can break down the "walls" and DO IT!!